Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

"Kelly Rutherford pregnant and breastfeeding"

As I've said before, I love hearing about celebrities who openly talk about breastfeeding in the media. It's such a shame that the media have to try to twist a negative implication into her story though: Really? is it necessary to comment on the fact that her two year old son is "talking"? Don't most two year olds talk? So why does the author even feel the need to bring up the obvious? Yes her child is two. Yes he talks. Yes, he still breastfeeds. What's your point?

This mom applauds you Kelly.


Pregnant Kelly Rutherford Still Breastfeeding Her 2-Year-Old Son


Will it soon be double duty time for Gossip Girl actress Kelly Rutherford? We recently reported actress Kelly who is 40, and her entrepreneur husband, Daniel Giersch, are expecting their second child in June. Meanwhile it turns out Kelly is still doing breast feeding duty for her talking two-year-old son, Hermès. She tells US Weekly, “”It’s an amazing bond with your child. Some cultures do it up to five years, normally. I thought, ‘Well, I’ll just do it as long as it feels right for my son.’”

Rutherford also attributes her slim figure to nursing: “I was thinner after my pregnancy than before, and I think a lot of it was the nursing. They say it helps your body get back to shape in a natural way.”