Search This Blog

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Depro Provera BC shot weakens bones

Well, even more proof of the evil of the Depro-Provera birth control shot. This just scares me silly. I had one, ONE shot, and swore to never again be convinced to take any kind of artificial hormones for any reason. I gained 30 lbs in 2 months... and I was a very physically fit and active young woman at the time, and instantly lost my period for 4 months. Now I read this study and wonder, yet again: How many other hidden problems might I have caused to myself by taking this horrifying shot 11 years ago?

Contraceptive Depo-Provera May Weaken Bones


Nearly half of women in study lost bone mass within two years

WEDNESDAY, Dec. 23 (HealthDay News) -- In a study of women who received the "birth control shot" -- also known as depot medroxyprogesterone acetate (Depo-Provera), nearly half lost at least 5 percent of their bone mineral density in the hip and lower spine within two years.

Women who were smokers, who had never given birth and who didn't consume much calcium were at highest risk, and they continued to experience significant losses in the third year of use, according to the report published in the January issue of Obstetrics & Gynecology.

HERE to read the entire article